This page describes the RallyTools app I’ve developed to assist in Long Distance Endurance Rallies.
- Roll chart display with estimated arrival times and other statistics
- Ability to edit the route from the app (BRouter required for time/distance calculations)
- GPX file import
- Supports custom icons
- Create PDF version of roll chart
- Take pictures with automatic file naming based on bonus id.
- Save a large and small version of each image.
- Automatically open email app with images as attachments
- Calculates expected odometer at each stop based on previous stops
- Picture in picture support to allow next stop details to display over navigation app.
- Automatically/Manually send active waypoint to Waze or Pushbullet.
- When importing routes from basecamp, the gpx files do not contain the timing information. This can either be set manually, or the route recalculated using BRouter.
- Layout and font choices were made based on running on a Pixel XL, other devices may need tweaking.
- The expected arrival time font is sometimes too large.
- Occasionally it thinks you’ve arrived well before it should. I haven’t been able to reproduce this reliably enough to track it down
- See a full description of the settings here.
- Install BRouter (Get it on Google Play)
- Run BRouter and download the data for the appropriate region
Setup Custom Icons
– To use RallyTools icon set in BaseCamp, download the icons from here. Extract into:
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 – C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Garmin\Custom Waypoint Symbols\
- Mac OS X – Macintosh HD/Users/%USERNAME%/Library/Application Support/Garmin/Custom Waypoint Symbols/
– To use your custom icons in RallyTools, replace the files in android/data/com.notenoughfreetime.rallytools/icons with your own.
*Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.